[erlang-questions] Include ERTS in an escript package

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Fri Jan 11 08:40:54 CET 2019

Hello Mark,

As far I know, It is not possible to package runtime to escript with rebar3.

Easies, faster and reliable solution to package escript along with ERTS to docker...

Another options to package entire application and its deps to escript with rebar3, like you are doing it now.
Then prepare tarball with ERTS. You can either use of-the-shelf kerl builds, use Erlang Solution packages [1] or make a lightweight release that will weight 20 - 30MB. And ship both deliverables. If you’d like to ship a single file then you can make a self extracting tarball. I’ve shared a link to my project where I did similar [2]. However, I’ve stopped doing it now and switched 100% to dockers.

- Dmitry