[erlang-questions] Erlang distribution links don't fully utilise available resources - OTP 22.0.2 - Why?

Dmytro Lytovchenko dmytro.lytovchenko@REDACTED
Tue Jun 18 10:49:04 CEST 2019

Have a look at your

   - Linux kernel TCP settings
   - Memory throughput Gbit/s (the data is copied several times for sending
   and receiving)
   - Head of the line problem (if receiver doesn't read fast enough, the
   memory will be used to store the unconsumed data)
   - Message size might make some difference, OTP 22 splits packets over
   64k into segments, so they also have to be stored before assembling in the
   destination
   - Kernel CPU time vs User CPU time (network driver and kernel overhead)