[erlang-questions] Why use -record() ?

dieter@REDACTED dieter@REDACTED
Mon Jun 3 11:42:32 CEST 2019

That's a good one, thank you for sharing!
dieter
Am So., Jun. 2, 2019 20:34 schrieb T Ty :
I recommend using record for a very different reason and not in the form you showed in your example.
My recommendation is to prefix the module name to the record. e.g
```
-module(ppool_serv).
-record(ppool_serv_state, ...).
```
My reasoning is during an error report having just a list or tuple or map would result in an unintelligible data structure displayed. With a record, as above, you can determine at a quick glance the record in question. It is also easier to determine the attributes in the record in this manner.
Cheers