[erlang-questions] remsh failing silently

Ben Hood 0x6e6562@REDACTED
Wed Jan 2 18:22:39 CET 2019

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 1:22 PM Dmitry Kolesnikov <dmkolesnikov@REDACTED> wrote:

> Recently, I’ve been fighting with same issue of cross compiling VM to alpine/musl. Unfortunately, statically linked libncurses would not help (or I hold it wrong). I’ve made a cross-compile of ncurses + openssl and VM with --disable-shared. As result, VM is failed to start due to missing terminal info database. I suspect that you need to compile ncurses with some magic… Do you happened to know it?

What seems to work for me is to upload the terminfo database that is
generated as part of the ncurses build and point the TERMINFO env
variable to that database directory. This is on RHEL which seems to
have some quite aged stuff installed by default.