[erlang-questions] remsh failing silently

Ben Hood 0x6e6562@REDACTED
Wed Jan 2 15:51:28 CET 2019

Hi Mikael,

Many thanks for taking the time to look into this, very much appreciated.

To make it easier to see what is going on, I've pushed my Makefile here:

https://github.com/0x6e6562/otp-ppc64le/blob/master/otp/Makefile

This set of Makefiles first builds openssl and ncurses statically, and
then attempts to cross compile OTP and link those two libraries.

The cross compiler is provided by the IBM Advanced Toolchain:
https://developer.ibm.com/linuxonpower/advance-toolchain/

The glibc runtime for the target machine is provided by the IBM
Advanced Toolchain as well.

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 1:07 PM Mikael Pettersson <mikpelinux@REDACTED> wrote:
> > There seems to be configure options to link openssl statically, but3. If you want ncurses and openssl statically linked I'd build them with --disable-shared in the first place, alternatively (temporarily) remove their .so files from the cross compiler's libs.

It doesn't look like the ncurses/openssl builds are producing any *.so files.

But I'll look into the disable-shared flag for good measure.

ATM the ncurses build produces what seems to be a static lib:

$ readelf -h ncurses/dist/lib/libncurses.a

File: ncurses/dist/lib/libncurses.a(version.o)
ELF Header:
  Magic:   7f 45 4c 46 02 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
  Class:                             ELF64