[erlang-questions] [ANN] jason 1.0.2

PAILLEAU Eric eric.pailleau@REDACTED
Tue May 1 15:16:54 CEST 2018

Le 29/04/2018 à 19:25, Tristan Sloughter a écrit :

>> Note: this project has nothing to do with Elixir project with same name.
>
> I was going to reply to bring that up. Especially since there is a hex package for jason, the Elixir app, it will be confusing. Even without a name change you should publish to hex though :), then at least people searching for jason will see both and pick the right one. You can publish with a different package name than the app name, so like jason_erl.

Hi Tristan,
thanks for your comment.
I'm not an Elixir guy and lately see that another project had same same
on hex.
Yes I will consider publish on hex with a slightly different name, but
waiting for a feedback on my project first, and maybe add some fixes if
needed before.

Honestly I do not like the syntax of mix.exs, always a pain for me,
  and prefers Cargo.toml for Rust or composer.json for Composer PHP
syntaxes ...

More generally speaking, a decentralized package manager based on
block-chain and maybe IPFS would be a better alternative for futur.
If I had more time ...

Regards