[erlang-questions] 'cannot' /= 'can not'

Mon Jul 30 11:02:00 CEST 2018

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 10:49:14AM +0200, empro2@REDACTED wrote:
> I would like to apologise:
>
> * if my original post was not perceived to be humourously
>   rhetorical; my English is much worse than it might look.
>
> * for too many too detailed replies. I was switched into
>   argumentation (not argument!) mode by the unfortunate
>   coincidence of an overdose of surprise, the confusing
>   nature of language matters (negation especially), two
>   years of "what? ah, mere typo" and too hot weather.
>   It might also have to do with the then waxing blood moon.
>   (I wonder why there is dog hair all over my place
>
> Glad that two people have used the word "fun" in this thread

:-)

I would also like to apologise that it took so many mails before I got a
grip on the actual problem!..

As I recently tried to motivate - splitting vs. concatenating words is one
aspect of English I think we Swedes has got special problems with, because
of related problems in Swedish...