[erlang-questions] Fwd: Fwd: SSL peer verification in httpc with Mozilla's certificate store

Björn-Egil Dahlberg wallentin.dahlberg@REDACTED
Sun Sep 14 03:29:18 CEST 2014

> On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 9:32 PM, Tristan Sloughter <t@REDACTED>
> wrote:
>
>>  Wait, so 17.2 is internal but 17.3 is external?
>>

> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Fred Hebert <mononcqc@REDACTED> wrote:
>

>> So is this to say that the 3 minor releases could as well be 17.1, 17.3,
>> 17.199 ? Is there any regularity we can expect in version numbers, or we
>> just won't really be able to know?

The error here was to use numbered services releases and also tie them to a
system version.

Actually there are two errors. System versions shouldn't so closely
resemble semvers since they
might cause confusion. The reasoning behind it has been laid out in
previous mail discussions.

I view a system version, i.e. 17.0, 17.2, 17.2.2, etc, as a set of
application versions,much like
versions of OS distributions with preinstalled programs. Any pattern
in the system version naming should be viewed by you as purely coincidental
..

Perhaps it would be better to name service releases like Erlang/OTP - 2014
September.

Or just name the releases after random authors or book titles to keep you
guessing =)