[erlang-questions] Fwd: Fwd: SSL peer verification in httpc with Mozilla's certificate store

Dan Gudmundsson dgud@REDACTED
Sun Sep 14 01:27:44 CEST 2014

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Fred Hebert <mononcqc@REDACTED> wrote:

> So is this to say that the 3 minor releases could as well be 17.1, 17.3,
> 17.199 ? Is there any regularity we can expect in version numbers, or we
> just won't really be able to know?
>
> That would be interesting to be aware of when explaining to people how
> Erlang switched from RXXBXX to a semver-looking-but-not-semver release
> system that also skips apparent version numbers for the general public,
> or less sarcastically, when planning to do things such as validate what
> release numbers exist or not.

Everything is pretty external and available to the general public,
everything is pushed and tagged on github.
It is just that we don't build a windows release and src tarball for every
patch to erlang.org.

Which is better than it was before. Patches are now available (to most of
you) sooner than ever before.

sigh..