[erlang-questions] Fwd: Fwd: SSL peer verification in httpc with Mozilla's certificate store

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Sun Sep 14 04:00:11 CEST 2014

For me the surprise was partly that I expected only patch releases to be
non-announced, and that feature releases would keep being quarterly --
i.e. what was changed was not the release frequency, but the versioning.

What actually changed was the release frequency, which was augmented,
and the announcement frequency remained the same (quarterly).

Now the patch releases are certainly more useful for anyone who has a
bug that needs fixing, I won't deny that.

What surprised me is that I now need to be a lot more attentive to the
github tags being applied if I want to keep being able to support
repositories that tend to follow along with Erlang releases:
erlang-history for one, or things like buildpacks for Heroku, which let
people choose the runtime under which they deploy their applications.

I'm guessing the choice is whether to support doing things only for
quarterly anouncements, or also on patch-level releases.

What does the OTP team feel should be done by external maintainers? If
I'm maintaining things that depend on your release cycle, I don't want
(nor need) to dictate how to do it, but I want to be able to adjust
myself as best as possible with what was intended by the team.

Regards,
Fred.