[erlang-questions] ANN: Designing for Scalability with Erlang/OTP by O'Reilly

Zachary Kessin zkessin@REDACTED
Fri Jul 11 12:37:22 CEST 2014

> What about the money for Simon St. Laurent? - Let's assume that you
> thought 25$ was a fair amount to pay for Francesco and Simmons first
> Erlang book - would you pay equal amounts to Francesco and Simon.
>
> But wait a moment their editor who I think was Simon St Laurent
> will have made significant contributions to the book - should his
> contribution
> be unpaid and unrecognised?

Simon did not edit that one, but he did edit my Erlang book, as well as
writing one on his own (and editing a bunch of other FP Books). It took
many hours of work from him and others at O'Reilly to do this, this is
what they are for.

Also I did not get an advance on that book, so I got nothing until it
started to sell. Yes If I had self published I would have gotten a
bigger percent, but really there are a million details from finding an
editor to cover art and distribution that I really did not want to deal with

--Zach

--
Zachary Kessin
Mostly Erlang Podcast <http://mostlyerlang.com>