[erlang-questions] 8k limit on gen_tcp:recv?

Steve Vinoski vinoski@REDACTED
Thu Mar 11 04:43:04 CET 2010

Try setting your socket's receive buffer to something larger than 8k
before you do the recv:

inet:setopts(Socket, [{recbuf,16384}]).

By passing a 0 for the length to recv, you're telling it to receive
all available bytes. I assume it can't receive more bytes than its
buffer can store.

--steve