[erlang-questions] 8k limit on gen_tcp:recv?

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Thu Mar 11 11:31:11 CET 2010

Note that setting the recbuf not only updates the inet driver read buffer but also
the sets the SO_RCVBUF socket option. This is not always what you want!!!
First consult the networking documentation on TCP and buffer management to
see if this will result in unwanted behavior.

If you do not know exactly what recbuf does you may instead use the option
{buffer, Size} which only affects the inet driver read buffer

/Tony