[erlang-questions] Dialyzers dependency on wx seems to be broken

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Mon Mar 1 08:19:39 CET 2010

Eric Merritt wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>  The version of dialyzer released with R13B04 has a direct application
> dependency on wx. This seems to broken as wx is not a startable
> application. I suspect that this should be specified as a library
> application so that it is not required to be started for dialyzer to
> start.

Hi Eric,

I admit I have trouble understanding your message.  In its default mode,
dialyzer does not require the presence of 'wx'.  It only requires it if
you start dialyzer using:

	dialyzer --gui --wx

Can it be that you are you referring to the following line in file
dialyzer.app?

   {applications, [compiler, gs, hipe, kernel, stdlib, wx]},

I am not an expert on .app files and how they should be structured, but
I see the dependency to 'wx' there analogous to that of 'hipe',
'kernel', 'stdlib' etc. which also do not have a start() function.

Anyway, feel free to suggest a concrete change and we'll adopt it.

Kostis