[erlang-questions] Dialyzers dependency on wx seems to be broken

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Mon Mar 1 13:34:14 CET 2010

Samuel Rivas wrote:
>> Can it be that you are you referring to the following line in file
>> dialyzer.app?
>>
>>  {applications, [compiler, gs, hipe, kernel, stdlib, wx]},
>
> I think the problem is that stating wx as dependency forces the
> release tools to add wx to any release that contain dialyzer. wx
> application doesn't have an ebin/wx.app file, so it is not a proper
> application to the eyes of systools and cannot be packaged.
>
> If that's the case, the solution may be as simple as writing the
> wx/ebin/wx.app file so that wx can be packaged in releases.

 From a quick inspection, I see that wx is the only library in
Erlang/OTP containing Erlang code that does not have a correspondng .app
file.
Since this application as analogous to gs and there is a gs.app file, I
think wx should also have one.

Kostis