[erlang-questions] erlang flagship product (was The Beauty of Erlang Syntax)

Richard Andrews bbmaj7@REDACTED
Tue Feb 24 22:41:56 CET 2009

> Show me reliable system in Java with million SLOC. Java is
> "academic". Be fair, Java system should have about ten or
> more million SLOC to be compared to AXD 301.

It's a great story but why is the AXD301 (a project from the 1990s) still held up as the flagship example of the virtues of erlang? Is this still the best we have?
The software development universe has evolved from where it was in 1997. Surely there are more recent examples of projects where erlang delivered functionality and reliability quickly and cheaply.

      Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox