[erlang-questions] how message size effects performance

Cliff Moon cliff@REDACTED
Fri Feb 20 18:23:13 CET 2009

Does anyone have or know of a good breakdown of how message size affects
performance, particularly remote messages?  I've heard conflicting
reports from people about how the Erlang VM deals with messages that
have a high byte count (large binaries, etc).  Some people say that the
VM will handle large messages cleanly and in a performant manner, while
others have told me that large messages tend to degrade the performance
of the entire VM.  I could run benchmarks, but to save me the time does
anyone have any sort of data on this?