[erlang-questions] Is erlang a web language?

Masklinn masklinn@REDACTED
Tue Feb 17 00:33:59 CET 2009

On 15 Feb 2009, at 13:30 , Peter Sabaini wrote:
> On Sunday 15 February 2009 12:56:19 Joe Armstrong wrote:
>> This is my take on the matter.
>>
>> To start with I don't think one distribution scheme or library will
>> ever work - the work
>> making it consistent is colossal.
>
> Yet rubygems or PyPI seem to work out quite well.
Or Cabal for haskell, or CPAN for perl, or the various OS package
systems.

All of these typically have issues here and there (pypi/easy_install
being the worst of the bunch imo), but that's a case of "practically
beats purity" and "now is better than never". Lib packaging/
distribution is a fairly hard (and not-yet-completely-solved) problem,
but having something that kinda works clearly beats having nothing at
all. And one can step on the shoulders of giants to learn from their
mistakes.