[erlang-questions] sinan build fails: internal error in beam_asm

Thomas Brian taum.xd@REDACTED
Fri Feb 6 02:27:23 CET 2009

Hi,
I'm trying to get a little bit more familiar with Erlang, and so far have
only done the very basics: playing with the shell, writing a basic network
server with gen_tcp and gen_server, etc.

I am now interested in Sinan to help me build a bigger app. I started with
sinan gen which builds what looks like a sensible template to me. But sinan
build fails to compile anything :

$ sinan build
[build] start
[build] Building
/Users/Taum/Documents/Erlang/testapp/lib/foo/src/foo_sup.erl
[build]
/Users/Taum/Documents/Erlang/testapp/lib/foo/src/foo_sup.erl:none:error:internal
error in beam_asm;
crash reason: {{badmatch,{error,enoent}},
               [{filename,absname,1},
                {compile,beam_asm,1},
                {compile,'-internal_comp/4-anonymous-1-',2},
                {compile,fold_comp,3},
                {compile,internal_comp,4},
                {compile,internal,3}]}

On a side note, I'm also having a very hard time finding basic documentation
about how to manage an app in Erlang/OTP: how to get started, run it, etc.
Are there any good ressources out there I might have overlooked ?

Cheers,
Thomas