[erlang-questions] Help me reduce the complexity of this function please... (Possible Erlang Bug?)

Bjorn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Sun Feb 1 10:02:27 CET 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Rudolph van Graan
<rvg@REDACTED> wrote:
> I get this error from erlang:
>
>> csn_rmcs_file_SUITE: function test_cancelling_file_process/1+2246:
>>   An implementation limit was reached.
>>   Try reducing the complexity of this function.
>>
>>   Instruction: {test,bs_get_integer2,
>>                      {f,41},
>>                      [{x,952},
>>                       1024,
>>                       {integer,8},
>>                       1,
>>                       {field_flags,[unsigned,big]},
>>                       {x,1024}]}
>>
>> make: *** [csn_rmcs_file_SUITE.beam] Error 1
>
> when I compile the file containing this function:

[code omitted]

It is usually better to send big code examples as an attachment, as mail
software can do funny things to it. In this case, it seem that at least one
line has been truncated.

After repairing the code as best I could (and adding stubs for the missing
functions), it compiled without problems in R12B-5.

Which version of Erlang/OTP do you use?

/Bjorn