[erlang-questions] Which distributed key-value storage do you use?

Benjamin Tolputt btolputt@REDACTED
Wed Aug 12 23:53:29 CEST 2009

Dave Smith wrote:
> I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I was under the
> impression that using mnesia w/ disc_copies meant that your entire
> data set has to fit in RAM? For most large-scale datasets, even with a
> lot of RAM, that makes mnesia not really desirable as you'd get a low
> density of data-to-node (i.e. I can put  1 TB of disk in a node but
> probably can't afford that much RAM).

This was also my impression and is the reason I have avoided Mnesia to
date for anything but small, in-memory distributed databases (such as
keeping web session data and the like). I would love to be told I am
wrong here!

--
Regards,

Benjamin Tolputt