[erlang-questions] Which distributed key-value storage do you use?

Benjamin Tolputt btolputt@REDACTED
Wed Aug 12 23:53:14 CEST 2009

Dave Smith wrote:
> I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I was under the
> impression that using mnesia w/ disc_copies meant that your entire
> data set has to fit in RAM? For most large-scale datasets, even with a
> lot of RAM, that makes mnesia not really desirable as you'd get a low
> density of data-to-node (i.e. I can put  1 TB of disk in a node but
> probably can't afford that much RAM).

This was also my impression and is the reason I have avoided Mnesia to
date for anything but small, in-memory distributed databases (such as
keeping web session data and the like). I would love to be told I am
wrong here!

--
Regards,

Benjamin Tolputt
Analyst Programmer
Mob:   0417 456 505
Email: btolputt@REDACTED

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the
intended recipient and may be privileged. If you have received this
email inadvertently or you are not the intended recipient, you may not
disseminate, distribute, copy or in any way rely on it. Further, you
should notify the sender immediately and delete the email from your
computer. Whilst we have taken precautions to alert us to the presence
of computer viruses, we cannot guarantee that this email and any files
transmitted with it are free from such viruses.