[erlang-questions] Which distributed key-value storage do you use?

Kunthar kunthar@REDACTED
Thu Aug 13 00:22:18 CEST 2009

People newly coming to Erlang area mostly use dedicated hosting solutions.
Some other well formed corporations could afford to use some ultra
mega machines with several megabaytes of ram.
But the naked truth is reasonable dedicated solution starts with 1GB
RAM and goes up to 8GB ram.
More then this means additional trouble. Not only money but trouble.
You can prove yourself this, if you quickly check the hosting
companies around the world. RAM is not cheap enough. CPU is not
problem but ram is a dead end.
Thanks to Basho guys and all others that they can see the the real
world and they provide a real solutions.
dets is not efficient for some problem domains, for example if you
need to store 2GB/sec data, you're simply dead.
I really would like to see someone could organise this silly Ericcson
open source soap and create high traffic open source environment.
And then i really would like to see, dets evolved like Dynamo to solve
more problems better then others even Dynamo.
For now, we have to look other choices if the bill is not fit to our pocket.

Peace
\|/ Kunthar