[erlang-questions] : Executing external commands

Mon Feb 12 09:57:24 CET 2007

You can also write an improved os:cmd/1 by using
erlang:open_port({spawn,"command"},
                 [{line,80},exit_status,eof,stderr_to_stdout])
and then loop receive all messages from the port to collect
the output and exit status. It is less than one page of code.
I have done it a few times but right now I am in a hurry...