Modern Languages vs the Ancient... (Was Metaprogramming)

Joe Armstrong (TN/EAB) joe.armstrong@REDACTED
Thu Aug 24 09:40:43 CEST 2006

The other day I found an old withered parchment, it had been written
long ago
in a faded blue ink, it was difficulty to read, but with a little
difficulty I just managed

Here what I manged to read ...

<<

... virtual XML is an Erlang term that can be mapped 1:1 onto XML.

   On input convert XML to VXML - internally use VXML.

   On output:

	 If a novice programmer walks by and wants to see
       what you're doing transform VXML to XML.

       If a master programmer walks by show them the VXML.

       If a project manager walks by smile, tell them the project will
take
       another 3 months, if pressed show them the vxml and say
	 "there's still a lot of work to be done ..." three month later
       show them the xml

/Joe