Erlang for desktop applications?

Dmitrii Dimandt dmitriid@REDACTED
Mon Aug 7 12:26:34 CEST 2006

Depends on what you mean by "desktop services" :) Printing? Qt has it.
Graphics? Also there (fast 2-D, SVG and OpenGL).

Moreover, the Qt for Java is a proof-of-concept by Trolltech to show
that bindings to Qt can by successfully created for other languages,
not only for C++ (there is also a pyQt binding for Python).

What I'm saying is - Qt is as good a framework to build upon as any.