UML WAS: Re: Banned Erlang

Erik Pearson erikp@REDACTED
Wed Feb 26 01:06:51 CET 2003

I thought UML was the winner of an RFC from the OMG for a modelling
language.  It kinda makes sense why it's object-centric and why you see it
for Java and C++ projects.  Still, I wouldn't necessarily call it the
end-all-be-all
of modelling languages.

With my past experience with UML, I tend to feel object developers
spend most of their time with the Class Diagrams, which don't really
transfer well to languages like Erlang.

Perhaps 10% of the time I'd see a good Sequence Diagram or Collaboration
Diagram.  Less than that a good Statechart Diagram.  IMHO these might have
some value in an Erlang setting.

--erikp--