UML WAS: Re: Banned Erlang

Sanjay Mehta msanjay@REDACTED
Wed Feb 26 04:58:40 CET 2003

Erik Pearson wrote:

> With my past experience with UML, I tend to feel object developers
> spend most of their time with the Class Diagrams, which don't really

I have personal knowledge of a team of developers who've spent more time
messing around with UML diagrams than it took for a smaller rival team
to deliver a complete working product (written in C/C++ though). I'm
pretty sure everyone knows of such instances.

The danger with UML and similar tools is that they appear to trigger
off a primeval urge to "object hunt." Particularly bad OO nutcases
then create more objects than working lines of code.