open_port function problem.

Chenniappan,Dhanasekaran [DBA] dhanasekaran.c@REDACTED
Fri Dec 19 05:36:33 CET 2003

hai,

  we are working on erlang port communication program which communicate with
c .exe . for that we use open_port like
"open_port({spawn, ExtPrg}, [{packet, 2}]),"

our problem is when we are sending number 26 through that port the port get
closed.what may be possibly wrong with this. and when we give 10 through
buffer it always prints we assume that it may be due to ascii property of 10
& 13 which is new line and cairrage return respectively, but how can these
things be handled effectively,there is no clue regarding the port close when
sending 26. Evenn the example foo also reflect the same resullt. Please give
us an solution in this problem.

regards
dhanas