open_port function problem.

Ingela Anderton ingela@REDACTED
Fri Dec 19 09:18:19 CET 2003

Maybe you should read the documentation a bit closer ;)

http://www.erlang.org/doc/r9c/doc/index.html

>From man page of the module erlang:

port_command(Port, Data)

[...]

Failure: badarg if Port is not an open port or the registered name of
an open port, or if Data is not an I/O list. An I/O list is a binary
or a (possibly) deep list of binaries or integers in the range 0
through 255.

[...]

--
/m.v.h Ingela

//The highway of life is always under construction. //

Ericsson AB - OTP team

Cellular/Mobile: +46 70 636 78 68