[erlang-questions] thoughts on rebar bundled with Erlang/OTP

Edmond Begumisa ebegumisa@REDACTED
Wed Dec 1 15:08:25 CET 2010

 From your suggestion, it appears to me that the problem you are trying to
address is awareness. i.e. people don't know that tools like rebar/sinan
exist and either re-invent the wheel or suffer silently.

Perhaps a special section on erlang.org could address this. A page devoted
to 3rd party developer tools with categories like IDEs, packaging, etc.
Tool developers could then fill out a form with a summarised description
of their tool, the type of license and a link to their repository then
post it under the relevant category. Something like the current links page
(http://www.erlang.org/links.html) but less general, more descriptive and
user-generated.

- Edmond -