[erlang-questions] cocoa bridge?

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Tue Jun 2 10:31:08 CEST 2009

Joe,

On Jun 2, 2009, at 9:16 AM, Joe Armstrong wrote:

>     - programmatic control of foundation classes , cocoa etc.
>     - introspection  primitives
>      - socket interfacing (in particular how to interface socket
> events with the cocoa window top-loop)
>      - nib decompilation  and loading <aside> nibtool -a dumps what
> looks to be a declarative description

I'm working 60 hour weeks these days so I'm unlikely to answer any
questions in a timely manner. There are several Apple mailing lists
dedicated to what you are trying to do, though, e.g. cocoa-dev and
macnetworkprog. See http://lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo

I want to write a couple of indispensable tools for Erlang using Cocoa
and thought of using Erlang as the extension language. Then I realized
that there's too much complicated marshalling of data and decided not
to write a Cocoa bridge until EEP 7 (FFI) is out. I have written a
Cocoa bridge for Allegro Common Lisp previously.

	Thanks, Joel

---
Mac hacker with a performance bent
http://www.linkedin.com/in/joelreymont