[erlang-questions] missing parse_transform module hangs compilation

Michael FIG fig@REDACTED
Mon Apr 23 23:42:03 CEST 2007

Hi, all...

I've been experimenting with eunit (http://svn.process-one.net/contribs/trunk/eunit/), and was running into some problems with Erlang R11B-4 under Windows.  Basically, compiling anything using the eunit header file would hang the Erlang shell.

The solution: I needed to add in the path to the .beam file that contained the parse_transform module specified in the header.

It looks like this was caused due to the fact that my source file is rather large (57kB), and Erlang was doing all the parsing just to generate an {undef...} error.

Anyway, I just thought I'd let you folks know about this...

--
Michael FIG <fig@REDACTED>, PMP
MarkeTel Multi-Line Dialing Systems, Ltd.