Erlang & Hyperthreading

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Mon Feb 27 04:31:04 CET 2006

"Ryan Rawson" <ryanobjc@REDACTED> wrote:
	You could expect up to 8 CPUs on commodity Intel hardware as well.
	Generally hyperthreaded CPUs show up as multiple CPUs on Linux -
	but be warned, I heard of performance improvements by turning off HT.

Well, this is Solaris 10, not Linux, and it's UltraSPARC (presumably
Ultra III), not Intel.  Perhaps someone else may have more accurate
information; I think it's effectively 8 x (4-way hyperthreaded) CPUs,
not 1 x (8-way hyperthreaded).   In any case, different horse from different
stable, so maybe the results will be different.  Maybe _this_ horse will
learn to sing?