Packaging Erlang applications (was Re: Longstanding issues: structs & standalone Erlang

Christophe Romain chris@REDACTED
Tue Feb 21 16:45:46 CET 2006

Hi

> - Erlang Runtime (erlrt)
>   We have developed a toolset to build single file package of Erlang
>   applications.

for information, erlrt "hello world" il a 1.4Mb shell script.
it does not require anything, it does not download anything.

erlrt containing mnesia is a 1.6Mb shell script.
including the full ejabberd directory (from sources) will create a
4.4Mb shell script.

for now erlrt installs on disc (ramdisk support will be added soon)
I will add a simple utility that will allow users to install
dependencies they need,
e.g.: erlrt:install(mnesia)  will download mnesia archive and install
into erlrt directory.