Longstanding issues: structs & standalone Erlang

Vlad Dumitrescu XX (LN/EAB) vlad.xx.dumitrescu@REDACTED
Wed Feb 15 09:11:55 CET 2006

Could you please explain how is this to work in practice without somehow
making the runtime aware of this mechanism? I don't get it.

Suppose I have an app A1 that requires stdlib >= 4.13, and an app A2
that requires stdlib <= 4.12. Both of those can run with kernel >= 4.3

Now if A1 and A2 are standalone applications, it will work, because they
will have separate startup scripts that will reference the correct
stdlib in the code path.

But if I start my Erlang node (that references stdlib 4.15) just to try
things up, how would I make sure only A1 and not A2 is available, unless
the runtime is aware of these dependency declarations?

Regards,
Vlad