Longstanding issues: structs & standalone Erlang

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Tue Feb 14 16:25:41 CET 2006

James Hague a écrit :
> On 2/14/06, Douglas Philips <dgou@REDACTED> wrote:
>> I think SAE is a nostalgic death-trap. Most modern applications are
>> no longer one executable. Mac OS X is leading the way here, making a
>> folder look like an application is the way to go.
>
> And that's *fine*, as long as there's a well-documented way of
> trimming down an Erlang installation and making sure it runs in a
> clean way (such as not touching the registry or writing preference
> files under Windows).

This is something I have done for the REPOS CDROM: It is really possible
to package a movable Erlang install. It is a little bit trickier on
windows but it work as well. The Erlang environment on the REPOS CDROM
works from the CDROM or can be copied on the hard drive and works
exactly the same.

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/