Erlang and Ice

Serge Aleynikov <>
Tue Feb 7 14:35:31 CET 2006

Hi Ryan,

I haven't used Ice, however skimming through its 1650-page manual makes
me wonder if Ice is something widely used.

Erlang OTP comes with ei interface that allows to write C-based clients.
  There is an EPI library (beta version) on that
encapsulates ei and gives you with C++ interface.

In any event, getting million reads per second is going to be quite a
challenge.  Is it million transactions of a single read each, or N
transactions with M reads per second (N*M = 10^6)?  While the second
case seems challenging yet doable, I am pretty skeptical about the
feasibility of the first one without running into various I/O related