Closing TCP/SSL connexion or let the VM close it

Guilherme Andrade g@REDACTED
Thu Dec 17 19:38:06 CET 2020

Hello Frank,

AFAIK, the only difference is that, when letting the VM take care of it,
monitors will be triggered and delivered to the connection owners (whether
SSL processes or TCP ports.)

What kind of impact that will have on performance is unknown to me - I
suppose only measurements could tell.

(Unless you're explicitly `gen_tcp:shutdown`ing or `ssl:shutdown`ing your
connections in order to try and flush the send buffers - in that case, I
expect there will be a difference.)

--
Guilherme