[erlang-questions] Uninstall manually on Windows

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Thu Jun 20 09:52:16 CEST 2019

Hello,

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 9:16 AM Yusuke Masuda <yusuke.masuda@REDACTED>
wrote:

> Hi.
> I would like to ask about how to uninstall erlang on Windows manually.
>
> We use the erlang on Windows with embeding our installer.
> When we cancel our installation, our installer rolled back the
> installation.
> But some erlang files (maybe registry also) were remained, and we couldn't
> uninstall the erlang completely.
> I'm not sure the erlang installer supports cancellation and rollback
> though, I need to uninstall it anyway.
> So I need to get how to uninstall manually.

The scripts used to install Erlang on windows are available here:
https://github.com/erlang/otp/tree/master/erts/etc/win32/nsis

You should be able to see from there what things are changed when it is
installed and revert them.

I don't know how well the installer handles roll-backs, but I would imagine
that it could be problematic.

Lukas