[erlang-questions] Can I build Erlang with make -j?

Jesper Eskilson jesper.eskilson@REDACTED
Wed Jan 30 12:20:56 CET 2019

As for it being "supported" I'll let the OTP team answer, but I'm using
parallell build all the time and have not seen any issues related to it.

/Jesper

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 12:19 PM Roger Lipscombe <roger@REDACTED>
wrote:

> I'm building Erlang/OTP (using kerl, but I don't think that's
> relevant) and it's taking forever. Can I use MAKEFLAGS=-j8 to make it
> quicker? Is this supported?
>
> I mean, sure, it *appears* to be working (though something's using
> more than 8 cores, somehow, and my music playback's getting choppy).
> But is it *guaranteed* to work?

*Jesper Eskilson*
Senior Software Engineer
Kred Core