[erlang-questions] Dirty CPU schedulers stuck at zero utilization

Jesse Stimpson jstimpson@REDACTED
Wed Jan 23 19:14:26 CET 2019

To clarify about our workload, the NIF execution itself is around 1 msec,
the data on which is operates represents 10 msec of audio. Apologies if my
last message was unclear.

Out of convenience, we're using the open source WebRTC project to take
advantage of their built in PLC, FEC, Opus, etc. The project is written in
C++, so we have integrated with it via NIF. Unfortunately, re-writing using
a yielding NIF, or re-writing to Erlang is not as straightforward as we
would like. Although I admit it would alleviate our scheduling issues.

We'll continue our testing with 21.2.3 and report back if there appear to
be any other leads.

Thanks,
Jesse