[erlang-questions] what is point of having a .erlang file?

Steve Vinoski vinoski@REDACTED
Tue Jan 22 16:27:06 CET 2019

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 9:15 AM Roger Lipscombe <roger@REDACTED>
wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 at 21:45, Sam Overdorf <soverdor@REDACTED> wrote:
> >
> >  I have customers and I want the same configuration for all of them so
> > ".erlang" sounds like a good option for me.
>
> ~/.erlang is for when you want *different* configuration.

Roger is correct, and also, you've asked this same question in two other
threads in the recent past:

http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2018-September/096428.html
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2018-December/096858.html

The answers you've already gotten clearly aren't what you want to hear, but
they've consistently indicated you're misusing the ~/.erlang feature.

--steve