[erlang-questions] ERL-823: SSL cipher_suites too limited when compiling with OPENSSL_NO_EC=1

Ingela Andin ingela.andin@REDACTED
Fri Jan 4 08:47:54 CET 2019

Hi!

Well I would not say that explicitly writing a long lists of maps is the
best way. For instance if you want to add the removed rsa -key exchange
suite it would be done like.

add_rsa_suites(Version) ->

    All = ssl:cipher_suites(all, Version),

    Default = ssl:cipher_suites(default, Version),

    RSASuites = ssl:filter_cipher_suites(All,[{key_exchange, fun(rsa)
-> true;(_) -> false end}]),

    ssl:append_cipher_suites(RSASuites, Default).

>From a security perspective that would not be my recommendation though.

For backward compatibility reasons just supplying the OpenSSL names
will probably still work. However we do not guarantee forward
compatibility for that.
We plan on having some support for RFC names which are similar to
OpenSSL names but more consistent. We do already have suite_to_str
function but we plan on having a str_to_suite too .

Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP team