[erlang-questions] Logger error with OTP 21.0-rc1

Sébastien Merle s.merle@REDACTED
Mon May 28 23:42:29 CEST 2018

Hi,

I am porting the grisp software (grisp.org) to OTP 21.0-rc1.
Everything build and deploy just fine but when running Erlang on the board
the console is swamped with error like:

  `(no logger present) unexpected logger message: {log,error,"Error in
process ~p with exit
value:~n~p~n",[<0.39.0>,{badarg,[{ets,lookup,[logger,proc_lib],[]},{logger_config,allow,3,[{file,"logger_config.erl"},{...`

I saw someone else complaining about this same error on the thread about
21.0-rc1 but the only response was to use a clean build, and I already
built OTP from a fresh checkout.

Any idea what could be the cause ? Maybe this is a know issue or the new
logger API requires some configuration or service to be started explicitly ?

Thank you very much.

Sebastien Merle,
Peer Stritzinger GmbH.