[erlang-questions] proper char() type

Ryan Maclear ryanm@REDACTED
Thu May 17 11:08:25 CEST 2018

Appologies, I hit send before finisinh the email. Here is the complete mail:

I'm busy learning to use proper and have the following issue. When calling
the function

>From the API docs, the char() type has a range of 0 to (1114111) 16#10ffff.

When calling the function

proper_gen:pick(proper_types:term()).

manually many times (I've tried in around 3000 times) and on different VMs,
the function always seems to return only one of the following values:

{ok,0},
{ok,2},
{ok,3},
{ok,6}
{ok,12} and
{ok,13}

I see the same behaviour for

proper_gen:pick(proper_types:range(0,16#10ffff)).

which I believe is equivalent.

I have tried on erlang 19.3.6.9, erlang 20.3.6 on a Mac as well as on a
ubuntu trusty docker image with erlang 19.3.

In all three vms I see the same set of results being returned.

Is there something else I need to do before calling this function?

Thanks,
Ryan