[erlang-questions] Erlang 21, Stability and the murder of an innocent Statemachine

Roger Lipscombe roger@REDACTED
Fri May 4 13:58:40 CEST 2018

On 4 May 2018 at 12:07, Karolis Petrauskas <k.petrauskas@REDACTED> wrote:

> I agree with Heinz. The deprecation of gen_fsm forced me to stuck on OTP
> 19 and I dont see any reasonable path to upgrade.

We upgraded successfully to OTP 20 (and compiled against OTP 21) by simply
adding the following to the top of our gen_fsm modules:

-compile([nowarn_deprecated_function]).  % gen_fsm is deprecated; use
gen_statem

It'll be a problem when gen_fsm is *removed*, but until then, we'll stick
with this.