[erlang-questions] Dispcount resource identification during init

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Thu Jul 19 01:17:13 CEST 2018

On 07/19, Edmond Begumisa wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>Any dispcount[1] users out there? Your assistance on two questions
>would be appreciated..
>
>a) During init function of the callback module implementing the
>dispcount behaviour, I would like to know resource number assigned to
>that process. Is this possible?

Each process registers itself, so you should be able to find that
information from process_info(self()). Otherwise, nothing is passed
explicitly to the callback.

I'm figuring this might be enough to get going.

>b) Is this library still active? One feature mentioned on the todo list
>would be nice to have for our purposes (dynamically growing/shrinking
>the number of resources).

It is, for all intents and purposes, a complete library. There has not
been bug reports nor feature requests, so it is stable.

If someone were to report bugs, I would probably try and fix them, but
it's been pretty calm and stable for the last 4 years. I haven't used or
tried to use it (my work has moved to systems with different
requirements) recently, but I'm still fine maintaining it.

If someone has a plan to improve the libs, I'd be fine handing control
over, though.