[erlang-questions] Testing for improper list

Karlo Kuna kuna.prime@REDACTED
Mon Jul 16 18:51:22 CEST 2018

i have solution just as Yau-Hsien suggested but i was wandering is there
highly optimized version (bif of nif) of this.
sure one can easily do NIF but i think is_improper_list/1 or
is_proper_list/1 should be in standard library.

improper list is pretty clear term in erlang documentation.

also why i want this: suppose i want type ob object to be list but i also
want some sort of additional information for it,
then syntax [...|some_type_or_property] seems elegant.
Alternatives are

   - {some_type_or_property, List}
   - parse transformations
   - record or map

however as i need/want this as input to file:consult parse transformations
are difficult here and object wrappers as
tuple, map or record are to verbose and noisy