[erlang-questions] Including function in configuration file

Roger Lipscombe roger@REDACTED
Mon Jul 9 21:15:44 CEST 2018

No. The '#Fun<stuff>' isn't really a thing; it's just how the function
is printed in the shell.

If you want to reference a function in a config file, it needs to be a
real function, and you need to reference it by name. If you don't know
which module it's implemented in, you'll need to specify that in your
config file as well. Something like this:

[
  {my_app,
    [
      {my_magic_func, {the_module, func_name}}
    ]}
].

Then, in your code that reads the configuration value, you need to
explicitly invoke the function with erlang:apply...

    {ok, {Module, Func}} = application:get_env(my_app, my_magic_func),
    erlang:apply(Module, Func, [Arg1, Arg2]) % calls
the_module:func_name(Arg1, Arg2)